Springhill Lifestyle Enhancement Projects
Enhancing a Culture of Wellness-Focused Living for a Strong Future
Springhill’s leadership at all levels - Board, Management and Resident - has always envisioned that Springhill would set the standard in whole-person wellness and become the defining regional leader in “continually creating innovative services and lifestyle options for older adults.” A thoughtful and creative master planning process and listening to the daily interests, expectations and aspirations of residents has brought Springhill to the next big step in its journey. This will include an exciting two-phase plan that will transform several existing areas in the Springhill commons building into newly designed and dedicated space that fulfills the community’s wellness vision. The components of this two-phase plan, collectively referred to as the Lifestyle Enhancement Projects, will provide new and greater wellness opportunities for current and future residents, positively impacting overall health and quality of life. Completion of this plan in two phases is designed to result in minimal resident disruption, and will coordinate functional use with the projected fundraising timeline.
- Redesign, relocate and expand the Fitness Center with additional equipment and designated physical therapy area
- Create an All-Faith Worship and Spiritual Enrichment Center
- Develop a Social, TV lounge, with the opportunity for alcohol to be served from the upgraded existing bar area; A four seasons room will be added outside the main dining room to address temporary storage of walking devices
- Create new Card and Educational Room for small group functions
- Design new Multi-Purpose Room for a variety of resident activities
- Upgrade Library adding new technologies
- Relocate and upgrade the hair salon and enhance several staff offices
- Construct a new Aquatic Center Building across from the new Fitness Center to include an indoor, therapeutic pool for exercise and recreation, a whirlpool, locker rooms, showers and restrooms
- Create a Courtyard Recreation Area including bocce court, horseshoe pit, shuffleboard court, putting green, chipping area and sand bunker with beautifully landscaped grounds, benches and pergola accessible by sidewalk from the Garden Home neighborhood.